A world class court promoting regional integration
To contribute to regional integration by interpreting and applying Community Law, upholding the rule of law, and providing prompt and transparent determination of disputes through the highest standards of administrative performance and judicial excellence
- The Court will uphold and exemplify judicial independence in both its individual and institutional aspects. Court decisions will be made based on thorough understanding of applicable law and facts of the case and shall apply its mandate, without any restriction, improper influence, inducement, pressure, threat, or interference, from any person, institution, Organ, or Authority.
- The Court will apply the principle of neutrality in dispute resolution and management of court operations.
- In discharging its functions, the Court will consistently uphold the highest ideals of honesty, openness, and veracity in the delivery of justice.
- The Court will continuously take steps to maintain, enhance staff knowledge, skills and personal qualities for proper performance and inculcate professionalism in all its operations.
- The Court will endeavour to minimize barriers that impede access to justice by court users and lay its foundation on ICT optimization.
- The Court will take responsibility for its actions through ensuring stringent standards of conduct; self-enforcement of legal and ethical rules; good stewardship of Member States funds and property; effective and efficient use of resources.