COMESA COURT OF JUSTICE
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Introduction and Background:
The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) is a regional grouping of 19 African States which have agreed to promote regional integration through trade development and transport facilitation. The COMESA Court of Justice (the Court) is the judicial organ of the Common Market. Established in 1994 under Article 7 of the COMESA Treaty, its primary mandate is to uphold the rule of law in the interpretation and application of the COMESA Treaty.
Applications are invited for the following post in the COMESA Court of Justice
1.1 Job Title: Information Technology Officer
Reports to: The Registrar
1.2 OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Director of Information and Networking and overall supervision of the Registrar, the Information Technology Officer will be responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks at the COMESA Court of Justice based in Khartoum, Sudan.
The Information Technology Officer will provide hardware and software maintenance, trainings, consultations and recommendations about future planning and development of resources. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure maximum access to the implementation of technology services and resources.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
- Provide individual training and support to users
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Provide regular systems and hardware updates
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
- Research current and potential resources and services
- Manage the LAN (Local Area Network)
- Connect and set up hardware
- Load all required software
- Manage security of all technologies
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance of software, hardware and information systems
- Design, administer and support information systems as appropriate
- Maintain and update the Court of Justice Case Flow Management System and website
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
1.4 KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Computer hardware and software systems and programs
- Computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Computer troubleshooting
- Information systems security
- E-mail and internet programs
- Microsoft Office Suite
The incumbent must the following skills:
- Thorough knowledge in latest Windows servers environment
- Fully proficient on LAN and wireless building, cable installation and testing
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Windows Platforms (7, 8, 10, Active Directory)
- Configuration and Managing of Servers and Workstations
- Extensive knowledge in Computer Hardware
- Knowledge in backup technologies
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Effective written communications skill
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, graphics and website development programs at a highly proficient level
- Time management skill
At Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related area.
A Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification and a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification would be an added advantage.
Knowledge/expertise in case flow/court management systems used by courts would be an added advantage.
Minimum Five (5) years’ experience in busy IT environments.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good planning, organizational, communication and reporting skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to operate effectively as part of a team.
1.8 WORKING LANGUAGE
Must be fluent in English and French and/or Arabic (spoken and written). A combination of any two of these languages will be an added advantage.
1.9 OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Must be of high integrity and excellent character.
2.0 TERMS OF APPOINTMENT FOR THE POST
- Type of contract: The post is under COMESA Court regular establishment and remuneration will be in accordance with COMESA Court Conditions of Service for established Professional Staff.
- Location of performance of the Contract: Khartoum, Sudan. The successful applicant may also be required to undertake duty travel to COMESA countries as may be deemed fit by the appointing authority.
- Duration of appointment: The successful applicant will be offered an initial contract of three (3) years. Subsequent contracts will be for durations of four (4) years depending on performance.
- Eligibility for Application: Only nationals of COMESA Member States are eligible to apply.
- Final date for receipt of applications: Applications MUST be submitted through the Coordinating Ministries of the respective Member States on the prescribed COMESA APPLICATION FORM which can be accessed at the following COMESA website: http://www.comesa.int/opportunities, COMESA Job Application Format. Applications submitted directly to the COMESA Court of Justice will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Accordingly, Coordinating Ministries should send applications for short-listed candidates to reach the address below by 15th January, 2017.
COMESA Court of Justice
AL Tijani Almahi Street
P.O. Box 12222
Khartoum – Sudan
Phone: +249 18376 0591/2/3/4
Fax: +249 18376 0595